Choose a state
238 Wyoming Low-Voltage Control Technician (2020-11-23)
Number of Questions 30
Time Allowed 1.5 Hours
The reference material listed below was used to prepare the questions for this examination. The examination may also contain questions based on trade knowledge or general industry practices. Except for Code books, you can base your answers on later editions of references as they become available. For Code questions, the examinations will be based only on the edition of the Code book that is listed.
Click Here to View the Candidate Information Bulletin
Closed Book These books are for pre-test study only and are not available for use during the test.
Ferm's Fast Finder's and Fast Tabs
Publication Year: 2008
Ferm’s Fast Finder’s…even the name brings thoughts of stability, speed and efficiency. Historically, Ferm’s Fast Finder has been the leading guide, with its comprehensive directions, advice and information, to the National Electrical Code.Its comprehensive cross-reference index has been meticulously updated to NEC-2008. Each entry, reference and source have been examined for precise detail and ease of use. New navigational guides are built into each page, both as headers and beside each entry, to facilitate locating information quickly.
Volume 1 contains an alphabetized index of important words and phrases in the 2008 NEC, including detailed crisscross references, gives many avenues of approach to each subject, and includes a special section that cross-references the International Residential Code (IRC) with the National Electrical Code. Users of the NEC will discover how parallel these codes can run.
Volume 2 has nearly 200 extensive and practical rules of thumb, formulas, illustrations, tables, charts and diagrams for the reader’s convenience.
These publications are the perfect companions to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code 2008.
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC) Handbook 2017
Rewritten and extensively updated, the full-color 2017 edition NEC® Handbook is the most practical and powerful resource for electrical design and installation today. Success in the electrical industry depends on your grasp of NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® requirements and your ability to apply them correctly. Based on the 2017 NEC, the NEC Handbook clarifies concepts for a better understanding of the Code. It's a powerful communication tool that helps you explain the NEC to clients and others who might not have professional electrical training. The new NEC Handbook reflects industry trends and Code changes that impact residential, commercial, and industrial work. Order the 2017 edition of the NEC Handbook, the resource trusted by electrical contractors, engineers, electricians, safety officials, inspectors, and architects nationwide. (Hardbound, 1,367 pp., 2017)
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code 2020
Publication Year: 2020
The NEC, 2020 edition, introduces significant new requirements for:
- The residential installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and for surge protection of services supplying dwelling units
- Working space for “housekeeping pads” for electrical equipment, the installation of wiring methods in exit enclosures, sizing supply and load conductors used with adjustable-speed drive systems, and AFCI protection of branch circuits in patient sleeping areas in care facilities
- Calculating the load of electric vehicle supply equipment with variable current settings
- Worker safety in identifying the source of power for disconnecting means and for egress from spaces containing large electrical equipment
- Grounding of disconnecting means installed on the supply-side of service disconnecting means
- Cables installed exposed on ceiling surfaces and sidewalls
- Special occupancies, special equipment, and special conditions, including installation of splash pads, the use of “Type P” cables in hazardous classified locations, and the reinspection of swimming pools and other bodies of water
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code Tabs 2020
A powerful resource for electrical professionals, the NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), Self-Adhesive Index Tabs includes 96 high-quality tabs for easy navigation of the NEC, 2020 edition. You can stick these color-coded tabs onto the pages of the new NEC or the new National Electrical Code handbook to indicate the articles, sections, and content you reference the most.
NEC Self-Adhesive Index Tabs mark electrical topics by code article and name. For the 2020 edition, tabs are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Only the 2020 edition has tabs that are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Previous editions are available in black and white.