Choose a state
Iowa Disconnecting and Reconnecting Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems (2021-07-27)
Number of Questions - 50
Minimum Passing Score of 75%
Time Allowed - 2 Hours
The reference material listed below was used to prepare the questions for this examination. The examination may also contain questions based on trade knowledge or general industry practices. Except for Code books, you can base your answers on later editions of references as they become available. For Code questions, the examinations will be based only on the edition of the Code book that is listed.
Click Here to View the Candidate Information Bulletin
Closed Book These books are for pre-test study only and are not available for use during the test.
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code 2020
Publication Year: 2020
The NEC, 2020 edition, introduces significant new requirements for:
- The residential installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and for surge protection of services supplying dwelling units
- Working space for “housekeeping pads” for electrical equipment, the installation of wiring methods in exit enclosures, sizing supply and load conductors used with adjustable-speed drive systems, and AFCI protection of branch circuits in patient sleeping areas in care facilities
- Calculating the load of electric vehicle supply equipment with variable current settings
- Worker safety in identifying the source of power for disconnecting means and for egress from spaces containing large electrical equipment
- Grounding of disconnecting means installed on the supply-side of service disconnecting means
- Cables installed exposed on ceiling surfaces and sidewalls
- Special occupancies, special equipment, and special conditions, including installation of splash pads, the use of “Type P” cables in hazardous classified locations, and the reinspection of swimming pools and other bodies of water
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code Tabs 2020
A powerful resource for electrical professionals, the NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), Self-Adhesive Index Tabs includes 96 high-quality tabs for easy navigation of the NEC, 2020 edition. You can stick these color-coded tabs onto the pages of the new NEC or the new National Electrical Code handbook to indicate the articles, sections, and content you reference the most.
NEC Self-Adhesive Index Tabs mark electrical topics by code article and name. For the 2020 edition, tabs are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Only the 2020 edition has tabs that are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Previous editions are available in black and white.