Choose a state
Iowa Irrigation System Wiring (2021-07-27)
Number of Questions - 50
Minimum Passing Score of 75%
Time Allowed - 2 Hours
The reference material listed below was used to prepare the questions for this examination. The examination may also contain questions based on trade knowledge or general industry practices. Except for Code books, you can base your answers on later editions of references as they become available. For Code questions, the examinations will be based only on the edition of the Code book that is listed.
Click Here to View the Candidate Information Bulletin
Closed Book These books are for pre-test study only and are not available for use during the test.
Simplified Irrigation Design
Publication Year: 1995
The Second Edition of this best-selling academic guide to irrigation design has been completely rewritten so you can understand it easily. Created for the irrigation designer and installer, as well as students, Simplified Irrigation Design clearly explains irrigation design and related hydraulics, without the need for interpretation by teachers. Each chapter builds on the other, presenting all the fundamentals of irrigation design before getting into the more complicated aspects of irrigation, such as:* basic hydraulics* pipe sizing* friction loss calculations* determining water pressure.Photos and illustrations show exactly how every concept and piece of equipment works. In addition, you'll learn how to estimate costs and write specifications. Pipe sizes are described according to ASTM to help you fully understand the limits of irrigation pipe use. The expanded Second Edition of this popular guide to landscape irrigation includes all the latest equipment and techniques. Just a few of the new features include:* Methods of conserving water to help you anticipate your clients' environmental concerns* Computerized methods for managing labor and irrigation systems that will help you save money on labor and water costs* Metric values for every Imperial (U.S.) measurement, enabling you to meet federal metric guidelines and better communicate with an international audience.Another bonus: the author has combed the minds of irrigation designers, contractors, and equipment manufacturers to help you avoid costly mistakes that even veterans make. Whether you're just learning or brushing up on the latest technology, you'll want to read the Second Edition of Simplified Irrigation Design from cover to cover.
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code 2020
Publication Year: 2020
The NEC, 2020 edition, introduces significant new requirements for:
- The residential installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and for surge protection of services supplying dwelling units
- Working space for “housekeeping pads” for electrical equipment, the installation of wiring methods in exit enclosures, sizing supply and load conductors used with adjustable-speed drive systems, and AFCI protection of branch circuits in patient sleeping areas in care facilities
- Calculating the load of electric vehicle supply equipment with variable current settings
- Worker safety in identifying the source of power for disconnecting means and for egress from spaces containing large electrical equipment
- Grounding of disconnecting means installed on the supply-side of service disconnecting means
- Cables installed exposed on ceiling surfaces and sidewalls
- Special occupancies, special equipment, and special conditions, including installation of splash pads, the use of “Type P” cables in hazardous classified locations, and the reinspection of swimming pools and other bodies of water
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code Tabs 2020
A powerful resource for electrical professionals, the NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), Self-Adhesive Index Tabs includes 96 high-quality tabs for easy navigation of the NEC, 2020 edition. You can stick these color-coded tabs onto the pages of the new NEC or the new National Electrical Code handbook to indicate the articles, sections, and content you reference the most.
NEC Self-Adhesive Index Tabs mark electrical topics by code article and name. For the 2020 edition, tabs are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Only the 2020 edition has tabs that are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Previous editions are available in black and white.