Choose a state
Iowa Master Residential Electrician (2021-07-27)
Number of Questions - 60
Minimum Passing Score of 75%
Time Allowed - 3 Hours
Closed Book These books are for pre-test study only and are not available for use during the test.
Publication Year: 2020
Ugly’s Electrical References, 2020 Edition is the essential on-the-job reference tool for electrical industry professionals.
The 2020 Edition offers the most pertinent, up-to-date information for electricians, including updated National Electric Code (NEC) and table change information, mathematical formulas; National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) wiring configurations; a conduit bending guide, ampacity and conduit fill information, transformer and control circuit wiring diagrams, and conversion tables.
The 2020 Edition:
Reflects changes to the 2020 NEC
Features expanded coverage of the following topics:
Junction Box size calculations
Selecting, testing, and using multimeters to measure voltage, resistance, and current
Selecting, testing, and using a clamp-on ammeter to measure current
Selecting, testing, and using a non-contact voltage tester
Publication Year: 2020
The NEC, 2020 edition, introduces significant new requirements for:
- The residential installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and for surge protection of services supplying dwelling units
- Working space for “housekeeping pads” for electrical equipment, the installation of wiring methods in exit enclosures, sizing supply and load conductors used with adjustable-speed drive systems, and AFCI protection of branch circuits in patient sleeping areas in care facilities
- Calculating the load of electric vehicle supply equipment with variable current settings
- Worker safety in identifying the source of power for disconnecting means and for egress from spaces containing large electrical equipment
- Grounding of disconnecting means installed on the supply-side of service disconnecting means
- Cables installed exposed on ceiling surfaces and sidewalls
- Special occupancies, special equipment, and special conditions, including installation of splash pads, the use of “Type P” cables in hazardous classified locations, and the reinspection of swimming pools and other bodies of water
A powerful resource for electrical professionals, the NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), Self-Adhesive Index Tabs includes 96 high-quality tabs for easy navigation of the NEC, 2020 edition. You can stick these color-coded tabs onto the pages of the new NEC or the new National Electrical Code handbook to indicate the articles, sections, and content you reference the most.
NEC Self-Adhesive Index Tabs mark electrical topics by code article and name. For the 2020 edition, tabs are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Only the 2020 edition has tabs that are organized by color to help users quickly find the corresponding subject matter. Previous editions are available in black and white.